Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Card reflecting DAX Measure not responding to report slicer

Hi all!

I have the following:

Tables:

Table_StoreList

Table_CustList

Table_Feedback_Received

Table_Cust_with_Feedback - new table derived from DAX Measure: Table_Cust_with_Feedback = DISTINCT('Table_Feedback_Received'[CUSTID])

Relationships:

Table_Cust_with_Feedback[CustID] -> Table_CustList[CustID]

Table_Feedback_Received[CustID] -> Table_CustList[CustID]

Table_CustList[StoreID] -> Table_StoreList[StoreID]

Measures:

Table_Cust_with_Feedback[Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback] = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table_Cust_with_Feedback'), FILTER( 'Table_Cust_with_Feedback', 'Table_Cust_with_Feedback'[Number_of_Feedback_Received]>=3))

Issue faced:

I have a slicer "StoreID" on the report page and a Card [Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback] that does not respond to changes in the slicer i.e. it shows the total number of customers with 3 or more feedback for all stores no matter what the selection in the slicer.

Can anyone point out my mistake?

Regards,

Yee Pin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried modifying the direction in the relationship and it does not seem to work for me.

I have realized that the slicer does not affect any of the card visuals from Table_Cust_with_Feedback so I have deleted the Table_Cust_with_Feedback and created the following within Table_CustList:

Calculated columns

Table_CustList[Number_of_Feedback_Received] = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table_Feedback_Received'[FeedbackID]), FILTER('Table_Feedback_Received', 'Table_Feedback_Received'[CustID] = 'Table_CustList'[CustID]))

Measure

Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table_CustList'[CustID]), FILTER('Table_CustList', 'Table_CustList'[Number of Feedback_Received]>=3))

Card visual "Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback" now responds accordingly to the slicer "StoreID" selections. It works now.

Thanks to all for taking the time to analyze this problem and for replying!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous May i know from which table you have created the slicer Table_CustList[StoreID] or Table_StoreList[StoreID] ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous The slicer StoreID was from Table_StoreList[StoreID]. It is working for the other card visuals in the same report page. Any idea?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Can you change the direction in the Relationship like Table_StoreList[StoreID]-> Table_CustList[StoreID]  

or change it to 'Both Direction' and try !

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried modifying the direction in the relationship and it does not seem to work for me.

I have realized that the slicer does not affect any of the card visuals from Table_Cust_with_Feedback so I have deleted the Table_Cust_with_Feedback and created the following within Table_CustList:

Calculated columns

Table_CustList[Number_of_Feedback_Received] = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table_Feedback_Received'[FeedbackID]), FILTER('Table_Feedback_Received', 'Table_Feedback_Received'[CustID] = 'Table_CustList'[CustID]))

Measure

Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table_CustList'[CustID]), FILTER('Table_CustList', 'Table_CustList'[Number of Feedback_Received]>=3))

Card visual "Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback" now responds accordingly to the slicer "StoreID" selections. It works now.

Thanks to all for taking the time to analyze this problem and for replying!

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Generally, you may modify the measure using dax below:

Table_Cust_with_Feedback[Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback] =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTROWS ( 'Table_Cust_with_Feedback' ),
    FILTER (
        'Table_Cust_with_Feedback',
        'Table_Cust_with_Feedback'[Number_of_Feedback_Received] >= 3
    ),
    ALLSELECTED ( Table_StoreList )
)

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft 

Hi Jimmy!

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried the modification suggested but it did not work for me. Is there any other modification that I can try?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.