Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MH81003
Frequent Visitor

Card Visual not showing correct number

Hi, I currently have a  card visual on power BI that is pulling from an excel sheet. The excel sheet shows percent of inventory each month for different regions and then the total. I need the card visual to just show the % of inventory in the column for the total or what ever region is selected in the drop down for most recent month. But it currently will only let me do the average or sum of the column. How can I get it to simply display the number from the column instead of trying to do a calculation for it? The columns data type is a decimal number because that is how the percents are shown in the excel file and I have tried having the summarization on don't summarize and sum and average and those don't help. Please Help!

1 REPLY 1
MH81003
Frequent Visitor

I got the card to show the correct number when I put a filter on the card to only show the total row and by changing the column in excel to percentages but I still cannot get it to show the correct  number when I take the region filter off. I would like the region filter off of the card so when the drop down at the top is selected it will change the number displayed to show whichever region/the total is selected and that won't work if I have the filter on the card.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.