Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Elisa112
Helper II
Helper II

Cannot view full slicer settings

Hi Experts

I have added a couple of slicers to my report however I cannot see the full slicer settings, if I want to change to radio button selection or dropdown these options are not available to me.  I have the latest version of desktop and I have a Power BI Pro license subscription. all I see is this:

Elisa112_0-1708353866068.png

and I know there should be more options than this (i.e options)

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

There are 2 sets of options, the first in on the 'Visual' choice you have selected. There is a button to the right of 'Visual' called 'General' - click on General and you will see the options you are looking for.

3CloudThomas_0-1708355053062.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Elisa112 ,

Please try the following methods and check if they can solve your problem:

1.Ensure that the slicer you are using supports the radio buttons. Not all slicer offer the same customization options.

2.In the Format pane, turn on the single select option and change to radio buttons.

vjiewumsft_0-1708395392837.png

3.The result is shown below.

vjiewumsft_1-1708395400854.png

4.Check that the slicer header is turned on.

vjiewumsft_2-1708395407845.png

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiewu-msft thanks for this. I downloaded your file and it does work but when I add another slicer to your report the "options" setting disappears and I cannot selected any other type of slicer, so there must be something in my settings that is missing.  I just dont know what it is!

Any further help appreciated

3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

Ok, I see. You should have a Options section above the Selection option like the following. You might need to delete the slicer and re-add to page to fix issue. Is this a custom visual you are using? Also, what data type is the column you are using for the slicer?

3CloudThomas_0-1708357743935.png

Hi @3CloudThomas 

that is exactly the problem I do not see the options section and I really cannot understand why.  The data type I am using is text so there is no reason why that should affect it.  I have tried deleting and adding again but it stil  does not work....so frustrating!

3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

There are 2 sets of options, the first in on the 'Visual' choice you have selected. There is a button to the right of 'Visual' called 'General' - click on General and you will see the options you are looking for.

3CloudThomas_0-1708355053062.png

Hi @3CloudThomas 

Thanks but this is not what I am looking for, I am trying to find the options settings in slicer settings to change the type of slicer from rectangle boxed to slicer to radio button selection.

Currently the only option is this below:

Elisa112_0-1708356545216.png

I have filtered out names for privancy but there are around 12 other customer names in this slicer but I just want radio buttons not large rectanbles.

Thanks in advance

Had the same problem, really frustrating, finally found it when I turned slicer heading back on, then the option was on right side corner of the slicer heading, next to clear selections button.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.