cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aganes Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Cannot show paid total from yesterday using PREVIOUSDAY()

Hi PBI Community,

I'm trying to build a dashboard where the user can input a date, and it will show them comparative metrics:

• This year vs. Previous Year
  • This Quarter vs. Previous Quarter
  • This Month vs. Previous Month
  • This Day vs. Previous Day

The Previous Day view has been giving me difficulty. I've structured my query as follows:

PaidTotalIssue.PNG

...but for some reason, 'PaidTotalYesterday' shows the same as the today value. This is especially confusing because I was able to get metrics for last year/quarter/month using a similarly structured query, however it is not working when I apply this to the day. 

I am also able to get a working 'Yesterday' column via PREVIOUSDAY('Dates'[Day]) but cannot apply this to the 'PaidTotalYesterday' column.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Some other info:

• 'PaidTotalDay' is SUM('Transactions'[paidTotal]) ----- The sum of all line items
  • I've linked my transaction table to a calendar table called 'Dates' that includes every day that we have received a transaction.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Cannot show paid total from yesterday using PREVIOUSDAY()

Hi @aganes 

Based on my attached sample file,it seems correct.Could you share more details about your scenario?You may also try the second measure for your data.

PaidTotalYesterday2 =
CALCULATE (
    [PaidTotalDay],
    FILTER ( ALL ( Dates ), Dates[Date] = MAX ( Dates[Date] ) - 1 )
)

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aganes 

Based on my attached sample file,it seems correct.Could you share more details about your scenario?You may also try the second measure for your data.

PaidTotalYesterday2 =
CALCULATE (
    [PaidTotalDay],
    FILTER ( ALL ( Dates ), Dates[Date] = MAX ( Dates[Date] ) - 1 )
)

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
aganes Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much @v-cherch-msft! Your FILTER suggestion worked perfectly. Weird it didn't work with PREVIOUSDAY... that must have something to do with the way my calendar table is derived.

Much appreciated!

Alex