Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dunner2020
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Calling multiple measures as filter

Hi there,

I have two measures that are actually filtering the data. Now I want to use these measures in calculate function. I am not sure how to call them together. Here is the link of sample file (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AucycxZHFe9TjS6G96JVtgslQLBX?e=PbRrkB ) For example, I am calculating new measure that multiply number of customer with time spent column and add up 

CALCULATE (SUMX ( 'Customer Information', 'Customer Information'[NumberOfConsumers]*'Customer Information'[Time Spent]), Filter(Measure1, Measure2))

I am not sure how to call four measures as filter together. Could anyone guide me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Dunner2020 

You may try to create a measure like below.

Result = 
SUMX(
        FILTER(
            'Customer Information',
            [Zero Customer filter]>0&&[Zero Time filter]>0
        ),  
        'Customer Information'[NumberOfConsumers]*'Customer Information'[Time Spent]
)

e1.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Dunner2020 

You may try to create a measure like below.

Result = 
SUMX(
        FILTER(
            'Customer Information',
        ),  
        'Customer Information'[NumberOfConsumers]*'Customer Information'[Time Spent]
)

e1.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-alq-msft ,

Thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I want. I have a question regarding the solution. In filter function, you used the name of measure and then use a comparison operator to check whether it's greater than 0 or not (as shown below)

FILTER(
            'Customer Information',
        ), 

In Zero customer filter measure, I already comparing that value should not be equal to zero. My question is did you make any change in the filter? If not then it means that we are using a comparison operator twice: once within the measure and second time in sumx() function. Correct?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Dunner2020 can you post the sample data and expected result. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490...

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k provided the link with more detail, hope that would be helpful

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.