Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

phchu1226
Helper IV
Helper IV

Call oracle procedure in powerbi failed

Hi all,

I am trying to call oracle procedure in powerbi with the select query

phchu1226_1-1643083372252.png

I tried using call or beign end to execute the procedure, it did not work.

Is it not able to do so? my oracle version is 11g.

Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @phchu1226 

In this scenario, SQL statement is optional, but not necessary. Not proficient in SQL, but you can connect to your datasource directly. Here are 2 articles for your reference,

(1) https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/New-to-BI-Writing-SQL-queries-to-parse-data-I-am-obviously/...

vxiaotang_0-1643354898217.png

(2) https://radacad.com/only-get-the-last-few-periods-of-data-into-power-bi-using-power-query-filtering

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiaotang,

May I know is it possible to do this from "SQL statement (optional)"??

First call procedure, then select the particular table, so that the data is up-to-date everytime after refreshed..

or any other alternatives?

Thank you.

@v-xiaotang ,

excuse me, is there any update?

H i@v-xiaotang ,

According to the image you attached above, he said the box is for SQL statement, so why I am not able to use "CALL PRO_TESTING('AB,'ABC')??

After that, is it impossible to do what I want? (first call stored procedure from powerbi then select table)

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@phchu1226 , I doubt you can call like that , Try to call this as column or table

Hi @amitchandak ,

The procedure is used to refresh the table (insert/update new data) and then select that table to retrieve the latest dataset.

Therefore, I want to execute the procedure at the beginning while I am refresh the dataset in powerbi everytime.

I dont quite understand "Try to call this as column or table"?

@phchu1226 , I was thinking if this can be a function then we could have used it in "With" clause

example

With a (select func_testing('','') ) as

select * from b

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.