Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clint
Helper V
Helper V

Calculating a variance in days using only weekdays

Hello,
I have the following measure that calculates the variance between two dates in my project but I need it to only calculate for days that fall on week days; meaning if the two dates cross a weekend, those two days should not be counted in the variance.  I have a calendar table that is marked as a date table in my report and it has a column that indicates whether a day is a weekday or weekend but I don't know the syntax to use it to filter this calculation with.

KO Variance in Days =

IF(ISBLANK(SUMX('Projects',[KickoffMeeting])),"N/A",
DATEDIFF(SUMX('Projects',[StakeholderMeeting]),

SUMX('Projects',[KickoffMeeting]),DAY))
1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Clint , Refer to my blog how travel acorss workday.

you need the following columns in the Date table

Work Day = if(WEEKDAY([Date],2)>=6,0,1)
Work Date = if(WEEKDAY([Date],2)>=6,BLANK(),[Date])
Work Date Cont = if([Work Day]=0,maxx(FILTER('Date',[Date]<EARLIER([Date]) && [Work Day]<> EARLIER([Work Day]) ),[Date]),[Date])
Work Date cont Rank = RANKX(ALL('Date'),[Work Date Cont],,ASC,Dense)
Work day of month = Sumx(filter(Date, [Month year] = earlier([Month Day])),[Work Day])
Work day of week = Sumx(filter(Date, [Weekyear] = earlier([Weekyear])),[Work Day])

Example measure

This Day = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Work Date cont Rank]=max('Date'[Work Date cont Rank])))
Last day = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Work Date cont Rank]=max('Date'[Work Date cont Rank])-1))
diff =[This Day] - [Last day]

Traveling Across Workdays - What is next/previous Working day
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Travelling-Across-Workdays-Decoding-Date-and-Calenda...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.