Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bertjacobs

Calculating Differences

Hi,

I have the following table with unit sales by product and by store summarized on a 4-weekly basis (4-4-5 scheme, 13 periods a year)

Capture.JPG

Now I would like to create a measure that calculates the difference between 'the sum of the last 13-Periods' and 'the sum of the periods ranging from last-14 till last-26'.

It would be great of course if I could also visualise evolutions from previous years and make it dynamic

Eg the difference between 'the sum of the periods ranging from last-14 till last-26' and 'the sum of the periods ranging from last-27 till last-39'.

And so on.

I'm completely new to Power BI so I have no idea if something like the above is possible and if my data is well structured to do this. Any help is highly appreciated 🙂

Bert

3 REPLIES 3
Abigail48
Regular Visitor

The table's layout makes it among the Best Router Table most portable tables you'll find, Router Table as well as while it may not be fancy.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bertjacobs,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Bert,

What is your original data? Based on your data here, you need a table like this:

Period           compare_period

2014-p01           1

2014-p02           1

...                        1

2014-p13           1

2015-p01           2

2015-p02           2

...                        2

2015-p13           2

... ...

Then we can compare the amount by "compare_period".

Could you provide a dummy sample pbix file? At least a sample in text mode.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.