Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

budimir
Regular Visitor

Calculated column where start date is fixed?

I have a calculated column where I get qty for a specific warehouse, but the problem is that the start date should always be fixed so the user can't change it (01/01/2009) and the end date is changing depending on the user selection. How can I fix the start date of that column so it doesn't change when the user sets a different start and end date?

Please, let me know if you need more info.

This is how my column is calculated:

Veleprodajno Skladište = IF(Zaliha[Šifra lokacije] = "D1V",[Zaliha (kom)],0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @budimir 

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario. The pbix file is attached in the end.

Table:

c1.png

Calendar(a calculated table):

Calendar = CALENDARAUTO()

There is no relationship between two tables. You may create a measure as below.

Visual Control = 
IF(
    SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Date])>=DATE(2009,1,1)&&
    SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Date])<=MIN('Calendar'[Date]),
)

Then you need to put the measure in the visual level filter and use 'Date' column from 'Calendar' to filter the result.

c2.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @budimir 

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario. The pbix file is attached in the end.

Table:

c1.png

Calendar(a calculated table):

Calendar = CALENDARAUTO()

There is no relationship between two tables. You may create a measure as below.

Visual Control = 
IF(
    SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Date])>=DATE(2009,1,1)&&
    SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Date])<=MIN('Calendar'[Date]),
)

Then you need to put the measure in the visual level filter and use 'Date' column from 'Calendar' to filter the result.

c2.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @budimir ,

Can you share more around your data please?

Do you want a static date check added to the caluclation that you have shared? I am not able to understand if you want a new calculation or want to add this date check to the existing one?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi @Pragati11

Let me clarify a bit. I have a table with Rolling Calendar Lookup and it has a relation to a table where I have stock numbers. To have that stock accurately displayed to a user it has to start from the first date in that stock table which is 01/01/2009.

On a visual, I have a date selection from that Rolling Calendar Lookup and the problem occurs when a user sets a different start date. Numbers for stock are all messed up at that point.

I would need a new calculation that would display a new number based on user selection but the start date is always the same. Few examples below:

If a user sets 01/01/2020 to 01/02/2020 - I need to show 01/01/2009 to 01/02/2020

If a user sets 01/05/2018 to 01/05/2020 - I need to show 01/01/2009 to 01/05/2020

If a user sets 01/03/2016 to 05/05/2016 - I need to show 01/01/2009 to 05/05/2016

I hope I managed to clarify my problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.