Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculated column not returning expected results

Hi Community

I have a PBI report with 2 main tables. Service Cases and Invoice Details. 

On the Service Case table I have a column that identifies for each record the date of that customers next order AFTER the date the case was raised. The DAX i am using is as follows;

Next Order = IF('Case List'[Re Ordered],CALCULATE(min('Invoice List'[Invoice Date]),FILTER('Invoice List','Invoice List'[Customer]='Case List'[Customer] && 'Invoice List'[Invoice Date]> 'Case List'[Created On])),0)

[Re Ordered] is a boolean field that indicates if the customer for that record has subsequently re ordered. It uses similar DAX;

COUNTX(FILTER('Invoice List','Invoice List'[Customer]='Case List'[Customer] && 'Invoice List'[Invoice Date]> 'Case List'[Created On]),'Invoice List'[Name]) <> 0

I have used min('Invoice List'[Invoice Date]) so i get the first [Invoice Date] in Invoice List for that [Customer] after the [Created On] date. 

'Case List'[Customer] and 'Invoice List'[Customer] are hexdecimal ID strings

'Invoice List'[Invoice Date] and 'Case List'[Created On] are both formated as dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss.

Mostly this is working correctly but there are several records where it is not returning any value.

If i apply the same filtering logic manually to 'Invoice List' for each of the records retunring no value, i have a valid record to return the date on.

What am i missing / doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, just to clarify Service Cases and Invoice Details tables are named 'Invoice List' and 'Case List'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post the pbix file?  Onedrive/dropbox works. It's hard, at least for me, to go through your formula without any formatting. thx

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nick,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I fear that is not possible. There is a lot of sensitive data in there not to mention the connection data to our Dynamics 365 CRM.

Copying the tables and stripping out the sensitive data and creating a copy pbix would be a long job.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.