Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate the amount of certain orders uptill a date

Hey, 

Im trying to make a graph that shows how many orders are finished uptill a certain date. The data Im working with is as follows. 

OrderNumberOrderStatusUpdateDate
1Released22-09
2Closed22-09
3Released22-09
1Closed23-09
2Closed23-09
3Released23-09
4Released23-09

The first value should be 2 and the second value should also be 2. As order 1 is closed en order 4 is released. I tried doing it with a count and filters, but couldn't make it work. It is possible to do this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, 

I want to make a graph that shows the number of released order at a certain date. In the data provide the first value in the graph shoud be 2 at 22-09 and should be 2 at 23-09. The problem I have is that I could find a solution that only counts certain orders up till a certain date and the other problem of only counting if a order is released and not completed. For order 1 it should be counted at 22-09, but not at 23-09. Order 3 should be taken into account at both dates. 

@Anonymous 

Not clear enough, if you provide more data and expected result, it will help

Try this measure:

Measure = 

CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS(Table2),
    Table2[OrderStatus] = "Released"
)

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, 

I will try to add more data. 

OrderNumberOrderStatusUpdate date 
1222-09
2122-09
3122-09
4222-09
2223-09
5123-09
3224-09
6224-09

Here every day the order a new list of orders is added to the table. The released orders (1) that are finished (2) are also added to the table. I want to show the number of released over time and to know if this increases or decreases over time. The value at each day are given in this table. 

Day22-0923-0924-09
Numberof Orders released2 (For order 2 and 3)2 (For order 3 and 5, order 2 changed to finished)1 (For order 5, order 3 changed to finished) 

I want to know how I can calculate the number of orders released. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.