Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SSS
Helper I
Helper I

Calculate Difference between days - weeks - months

Hi Fellas,

I need some help in order to accomplish one taks in power bi.

I need to calculate the difference between two periods of time and then show it in %, but these periods are not static but dynamic. I have a graphic where I can change from days, to weeks to months.

I have calculated a measure called SUM:

Sum = CALCULATE(SUM(Consulta1[ValuetoSum]);ALLEXCEPT(Table1Table1[Day];Table1[Month];Table1[Week]))

Now, in order to calculate the difference I find myself in the trouble. I know how to compute measures in order to make the difference for days, months, etc. using the functions PreviousDay, PreviousMonth, but I don't want to make three measures (one for day, one for week and one for month). What I need is a measure that computes the difference of the previous period.

For example, I'll put this measure in a line-graphic where the Axis is Month - Week - Day. If I am in "Day" I need the measure to compute the difference with the previous day, when I change to Week (going up in the graphic) I need the measure to compute the difference with the Previous Week, etc.

So I will be very grateful if anyone can help me, thanks guys.

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@SSS,

You may use HASONEVALUE ( 'Calendar'[Date].[Day] ) in nested IF Function to add a measure.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-chuncz-msft,

can you explain it a little bit more? I am not able to reach to a solution with what you have said.

Thanks by the way!

@SSS,

I meant to use HASONEVALUE Function to detect the drill down level.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.