Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

batranikhil
Frequent Visitor

COUNTIF on a New Measure

Hi, 

I'm having challenge with counting the number of rows, when a New Measure is over a certain limit. 

e.g. I have a table with multiple transactions for multiple people in terms of Amounts Deposited and Withdrawn like follows:

NameAmount DepositedAmount Withdrawn
James078
Max1000
Struss056
Phil120
James032
Max340
Struss045
Phil570
James340
Max085
Struss220
Phil022
James330
Max034
Struss880
Phil044

I have created a 'New Measure' in Power BI Report, to give me the 'percentage of Amount Withdrawn/Amount Deposited' for each "Name". I have been able to succesfully do that. 

Now I want to Count IF this new measure, 'percentage of Amount Withdrawn/Amount Deposited', is over 100%. And have one of the Visuals such as 'Card' show that on the power BI report. My report in production has over a 100k rows with over 10k unique users. 

What formula, DAX query can I use to create this new Measure? or some other workaround. 

Cheers,

Nikhil

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@batranikhil , Please refer these measures

% Withdrawn = Divide(Sum(Table[Amount Withdrawn]), Sum(Table[Amount Deposited]))

% GT 100 = countx(Values(Table[Name]), if([% Withdrawn] >1 , [Name], blank() ) )

Thanks Amit - worked beautifully. 

Can you also help with what to use if I were to build a pie chart depicting 5 groups:

above 200%, 100-200%, 76-100%, 50-75%, and less than 50%. 

Any direction would help. 

Cheers,

Nikhil

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.