Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yahadi1
Frequent Visitor

COUNT measures on multiple columns of the same table on same stacked bar chart does not filter data

I have multiple columns of true/false from the same table and need to graph them all on the same Stacked Bar Chart and still be able to click on a chunk of that data and filter the other visuals on the page based on the selection.

I have created individual measures (individual measures since there are multiple columns) to COUNT True instances of each column and put them on a Stacked bar chart. However if I click on one of the chunks of the stacked chart, it selects the entire stack and only filters on the value in the X-axis.

Is there any way I can have the above but be able to select a chunk which filters the remaining elements on the page for which the selected column name (chunk in the graph) is true?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@yahadi1 , a measure can not filter page a categorical value (axis and legend can do)

You can unpivot all Yes not columns and use the column name's column (Attribute) as a legend

Unpivot Data(Power Query): https://youtu.be/2HjkBtxSM0g

Thank you for your reply @amitchandak.

The above solution does work but I did not use it because my table of data was already too big. Instead I created a small "measure names" table and then I created another measure which would check which measure was selected and based on that it filters the other elements on the page. The downside to my way is that the measure filter will have to be applied to every element you want to be affected, so not the best solution but another possible solution. 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.