Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

COUNT BLANK BUT FIELDS EACH ROW

Hello

Thank you for your support with the following query: count how many columns are empty at row level.

As you can see in the table there are several columns and some are empty, what I need is to know how many blank fields there are but horizontally that is, for each row

image.png

6 REPLIES 6
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

It is easier to solve this in the Query Editor.  If you want to receive further help, then share some data to work with and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

One last question, should I apply the formula you provided as a column or as a measure?

Measure

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, from what I see in the formula, it is for it to count by columns, that is, from arrba downwards, what I need is for it to count from left to right the fields of a row

Let's imagine that I have the table "datos_personales" and this table only has one row of data and this table has 20 columns (name, age, gender, etc), some fields full and some empty, how could I know how many fields out of the 20 columns are empty.

Yes, so if you add this to a table (or matrix), with the rows populated by your rows in your master table, it will calculate it by row

ExcelMonke
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You may try:

Empty Columns =

VAR USUARIO_CREA = IF(ISBLANK(Table[USUARIO_CREA]),1,0)
VAR USUARIO_LIBERACION = IF(ISBLANK(Table[USUARIO_LIBERACION]),1,0)
VAR N = IF(ISBLANK(Table[Column N]),1,0)
Return
SUM(USAURIO_CREA, USUARIO_LIBERACION, ... n)

Repeat for each column in N

If ISBLANK is returning you an error, try IF(Table[Column] = 0,1,0). Alternatively IF(Table[Column]="",1,0). Depending on the actual "value" of an "empty" column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.