Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mattia92
Regular Visitor

CORRUPT PBIX FILE

When i open my pbix file, power bi return to me an error:

FILE DAMAGED OR NOT VALID REPORT FILE

How can i fix that??

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
sebbyp
Helper III
Helper III

i have this issue now!  

How did you resolve the issue?

I was having the same issue.  My IT Dept. couldn't restore it and i hadn't heard back from Microsoft Support.  I dug around and was able to find a non corrupt version of my file.  It was located here:

C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\TempSaves

The **** is my user name on the drive. 

Hope this helps!

SC

Thanks, Your solution saved me 🙂

You saved me - thank you so much!

@ScOREthanks for your help.  

I managed to find a previous version but now there is a problem when i publish to power bi service.  When i do this it says it was published successfully but i need to do a manual refresh online.  WEIRD!

Can you guess what happens next?  I go online and refresh does not work.  Now all the dashboards which have charts from this report which in my case problem close to 100 are all showing blank!

I am so frustrated by this

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mattia92,

1. Which desktop version did you use to create this .pbix file? After the .pbix file is saved, did any other changes made to this .pbix? 

2. Which desktop version did you use to open .pbix file? How about the result after update desktop to latest version 2.47.4766.801 64-bit (June 2017)?

3. Did the issue happen to this specific .pbix file? Please try to open other .pbix use the same desktop.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your support!!

1) the version was the may 2017. after i have upgrade the latest version (june 2017) and i have removed the flag in the option download background data

2) the latest version (june 2017)

3) the other pbix run correctly

Best Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.