Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mq2020
Helper III
Helper III

CALCULATE AVERAGE OF DISTINCT COUNT

Morning,

I am trying to create some measures to display the average of unique products purchased by each customer based on customer characteristics.

I have one table with sales wich includes daily sales on customer and products, and another table with unique customers and their characteristics (i.e active customer Y/N, custoerm logged on last 90 days Y/N, etc)

The relationship of the tables in the model is Many to 1 (Sales to Customer)

sales table.PNGcustomer table.PNG

The output I am looking for is something like below where I can recalculate on average how many distinct products are purchased by customers in a specifc category.

desired output.PNG

I already have a measure to calcualte the number of customers for each funnel category but now I need a measure for the average of distinct product purchased.

I started creating something like this but I got stuck in the RETURN part, I am not sure what syntax I should use:

Av Product purchased by Customer Logged Last 90 days=
var count_table =
SUMMARIZE('Sales','Sales'[ClientId], "Products", CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Sales'[Product])))
RETURN
CALCULATE(AVERAGE('count_table'[ProductLine]),FILTER('Customer',[Logged Last 90 days]="Y"))

Help please? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mq2020 , it should come like

AVERAGEx(SUMMARIZE('Sales','Sales'[ClientId], "_Products", CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Sales'[Product]))),[_Products])

the filter should be part of either table name or Calculation of measure

AVERAGEx(SUMMARIZE('Sales','Sales'[ClientId], "_Products", CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Sales'[Product]))),[_Products])

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mq2020 , it should come like

the filter should be part of either table name or Calculation of measure

can i have a bi file ? Please

AB

@amitchandak , that was super helpful, thank you for saving my day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.