Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yakovlol
Resolver I
Resolver I

By Date, By month buttons

Hello!

I need help with any ideas that help me to find out the solution.

So as of now in the report, I have two buttons - By date and By month. This button shows different levels in my matrix. So if by date active the data is shown by date, if by month active show by month.

So such bookmarks were done, because end users cannot understand how to drill up and down 

yakovlol_0-1704302743593.png

But now I need to add new bokmarks above this one, and actually it works not as i want it and makes troubles

I have question is there are any way to do BY date, By month not by using bookmarks?

I'm using powerbi report server , so as of now still don't have field parametrs there 

8 REPLIES 8
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @yakovlol 

Look into this video - for Field Parameter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVREYTHxBvU&t=619s

If you dont have the option for Field Parameter in Power BI Report Server
You can use a bookmark. When you are using a bookmark, remember to put other all visuals in one group except the button. This means when changing the bookmark, it should switch one Group to another group.

In place of bookmark, you can change the page navigation as per button selected. It is much easily to create and main than bookmark.
Like this button

PijushRoy_0-1704303869818.png

If solved your requirement, please mark this answer as SOLUTION.

Thanks
Pijush

@PijushRoy thanks for your approach. I already have the bookmarks BY month and By date - and they work fine. But now I need to add 2 more additional bookmarks to this page. So I need to make another bookmark that would change the filter from relative date to between filter. And i need to do it above my current bookmarks By date, By month and this cosing the issue - to many bookmarks on one page, and it difficult to do the logic for each. Thats why i'm searching for new ways how to simplify and get rid off theese bookmarks. Hard to maintain

Hi @yakovlol 

As I mentioned in comment, use the Page naviagtion inplace of Bookmark. It is easy to maintain and build

@PijushRoy thank you. I'm currently using Bookmark Navigator, agree that simple to build, but it doesnt solve my problem with the quantity of bookmarks I need to build and do the logic for each. I'm searching the solution something like field parameters but a solution for Report Server version.  

mh2587
Super User
Super User

Use Field parameter for that 

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

hello @mh2587 

I'm using powerbi Report Server (September 2023) - there is still no Field parameter feature

Do you have Desktop? if yes read the following article
https://www.phdata.io/blog/what-are-field-parameters-in-power-bi/#:~:text=Field%20Parameters%20are%2....

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

@mh2587 yes, I have dekstop. I've already tried to do it by field parameters, and it works is the desktop only. After setting it on the desktop i returned to the report server - and it didn't work at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.