Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

karam1
Employee
Employee

Button colour

How do you turn a button into a different colour when its pressed?
@parry2k

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @karam1 

You may go to ‘Home’ ribbon, click ‘Button’, select a button type.

a4.png

Then you can make the button selected, go to ‘Visualizations’, select ‘Fill’, configure ‘Fill color’ for ‘Default state’ as white and ‘Fill color’ for ‘On press’ as blue.

a2.png a3.png

Finally, the color turns from white to blue when you click the button.

a5.png

Best Regards,

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JessSvetlik
Frequent Visitor

When I turn on fill for a button upon press, how do I get the fill color to stay?  By pressing the button, it changes visuals, and I want to be able to know the button was pressed by having the fill color present.  

Hi @karam1 ,

has your question been answered?

Regards,

Marcus

Dortmund - Germany
If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @karam1 

You may go to ‘Home’ ribbon, click ‘Button’, select a button type.

a4.png

Then you can make the button selected, go to ‘Visualizations’, select ‘Fill’, configure ‘Fill color’ for ‘Default state’ as white and ‘Fill color’ for ‘On press’ as blue.

a2.png a3.png

Finally, the color turns from white to blue when you click the button.

a5.png

Best Regards,

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @karam1 

here the link to the official documentation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-buttons

You may also be interested in the conditional formatting from the November release.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2019-feature-summary/

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@karam1 not sure you mean when you press the button and its' color changed. you can set on press property to change the color

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@karam1  According to @parry2k you can change the button's color /font on "On Press" status.

Don't forget to hit THUMBS UP and mark it as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.