Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

chrseck

Bug in Scatter Plot?

Since upgrading to the January 2016 version the scatter plot stopped working. All old reports using it freeze, if I add it to a report, the report stops responding.

The service has the same problem (since mid of January?). There we actually get an error message about a long running script.

Anyone else with this problem?

Best

Christoph

4 REPLIES 4
yapaxi

This is not a scatter plot issue.

In my case it appears when I add aggregations for decimal columns even in default chart (when you click on dataset columns in Field Explorer). Same CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess spinning CPU infinitely.

Previously this bug touched only browser version, but now it comes to desktop too.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@chrseck - Hmm, I am not seeing that behavior with the January update to Desktop. I am on Windows 10, Desktop Version: 2.31.4280.361 64-bit (January 2016). I can add scatter charts and reports do not freeze. I can see scatter charts in reports in the Service. What I do not see are scatter charts as dashboard tiles in the Service, those definitely appear to not be working at the moment.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I did some further testing. With very few rows it seems to work. Using DimProductSubcategory is OK.
With DimProduct I have to wait for some minutes when I drag a field to X-Axis. Adding a field to y-Axis 

than stops everything again ....

Task Manager shows CefSharp.BrowserSubProcess as the culprit. 

The december version has no problems here. 

Best

Christoph

@chrseck - I did, in fact, have only a couple rows that I was testing with, nice follow-up. @yapaxi - my Value is a decimal number and I am using Average, but it is only a few rows of data, about 10.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.