Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Budget remaining, visual showing future (month)

Hi,

I'll try to keep the explanation simple even though the DAX-knowhow to fix this problem probably isn't 🙂

Lets say I have two tables, one with ProjectActuals and one with ProjectBudgets. ProjectActuals contain hours and price/h, giving me a TotalProduction-measure ($), while ProjectBudgets has the total budget ($) for each project.

In a table visual, I simply take the differenence between the two in order to get RemainingBudget for each project - simple enough.

Now; Since I know the remaining budget for each project and the price/h, I can calculate the RemainingHours for this particular project. And here's the kicker:

Lets say that today (30 nov 2018) I know that Project-X has RemainingBudget $100 000 and that the price/h is $100, giving me RemainingHours =  1 000 hours.

I want to create a visual that shows these remaining hours over the course of the next couple of months, where each month has a given number of available hours (i.e. working days/hours). I know what the current RemainingHours are, I know how many hours we have available in the future, so I want to show this in a visual.
To top it off, lets say there are 150 available hours in desember; I want the visual to show a "running total" (sort of thing?) where my current RemaingHours gets reduced by the available hours each coming month, until the budget is 0. See example graph below.

Hope someone can help (if even possible to solve)

rembudhourvisual.png 

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

If it is convenient, please share some data sample so that I can copy and test. I also appreciate it if you could share your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.