Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

1up
Helper III
Helper III

Broken image symbol - how locate and delete reference to the image?

Hi, for some reason there is a broken image symbol in my report pages.

To get the broken image symbol removed I guess I need to

1) locate which image is having the broken link

2) delete it

I don't know how I locate it. I have tried to in View->Selection hide all items on the page, however the broken image symbol is still showing. So I am currently at a loss where the reference to this image is.

'broken image.png

Thanks for help,

/Daniel

5 REPLIES 5
1up
Helper III
Helper III

So, I solved it. It was related to the json style/theme used.

Below code I think it was I excluded and after loading the revised json-file as a theme into Power Bi the image top left corner disappeared (what a relief).

"page":{

"*":{

"background":[

{

"color":{

"solid":{

"color":"##EFEDEB"

}

},

"image":{

"name":"",

"scaling":"Fit",

"url":"<Base64 Encode>"

},

"transparency":0

}

],

1up
Helper III
Helper III

I just tried selecting another theme, and then the broken image symbol disappears. Still would like to know how to manage the existing json style so that the broken image symbol disappears. Perhaps it is referencing to an image which is not existing.

1up
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried both suggestions today however the symbol of a "broken image" is still there. I tried deleting all visual elements in that page, and the "broken image"-symbol is still remaining. I wonder if it perhaps could relate to the Json style I am using? I tried resetting all styles to their default setting however, and it didn't help. The background color is grey though, vs the default white.broken image.png

I tried changing view to Mobile layout. In the mobile layout I see a white page background, and no broken image symbol. So that seems to be working fine. However in the regular view the broken image symbol remain in the upper left corner.

Any further ideas / suggestions to check would be much appreciated.

I am using a lean report towards a dataset if that could have any signifigance.

//Daniel

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@1up Try selecting it to see if it is a visual and if you can select it, delete it. Otherwise, select a blank area of the canvas and go to the page properties and see if there is an image set for the background. If there is, remove it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. My reply ended up above your reply in this thread. I think my issue with the broken image symbol relate to the json style I am using in the report. I am guessing it may include a reference to an image which is not existing at the specified file path. But haven't checked it fully yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.