Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carlG
Helper I
Helper I

Bookmarks & Show items with No Data

Hi PowerBi Gurus,

Trying to get a bookmark to work to change the selected option on the Data "Show Items with No Data".

So far, all attempts have not worked for this specific change - The bookmarks themselves work for other features.

Is this a limitation or what could I be doing wrong?

carlG_0-1677413919417.png

I could Show/Hide different visuals as a workaround, but trying to avoid in preference of a more elegant solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carlG ,

Refer this document, when you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

vtangjiemsft_0-1677550160448.png

So bookmarks can't save the status of "Show items with No Data".  You can post your idea to Ideas .

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

When more people vote for the idea, the product group will likely roll out the feature in a new version.

You can create a measure, then place the measure as a filter in a visual and save it as a bookmark.

Like this:

Measure = IF(MAX('Table'[column])=BLANK(),0,MAX('Table'[column]))

vtangjiemsft_2-1677550744958.pngvtangjiemsft_3-1677550775301.png

If the measure you need are too complex, I think hiding/showing visuals is also a good solution.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carlG ,

Refer this document, when you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

vtangjiemsft_0-1677550160448.png

So bookmarks can't save the status of "Show items with No Data".  You can post your idea to Ideas .

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

When more people vote for the idea, the product group will likely roll out the feature in a new version.

You can create a measure, then place the measure as a filter in a visual and save it as a bookmark.

Like this:

Measure = IF(MAX('Table'[column])=BLANK(),0,MAX('Table'[column]))

vtangjiemsft_2-1677550744958.pngvtangjiemsft_3-1677550775301.png

If the measure you need are too complex, I think hiding/showing visuals is also a good solution.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Thank you @v-tangjie-msft ,

The measure is a clean alternative greatly appreciated! Formula is easy enough to calculate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.