Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

narissa
Regular Visitor

Bin with long decimal

Hi

I tried to find this elsewhere but no luck so asking in the forum.  I created a straightforward group of bins of Full-time equivalents into groups of one day.  For some reason, the .6 FTE has the additional .0000000001.

Is this a bug due to the limitations of floating-point values much like Python?

Is there a way to correct/tidy/rename the bins?

bins.png

I have included a snip of the bin, the visualisation and the data when viewed as a table.

thanks
Narissa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @narissa 

You could correct it by selecting this bin field and changing its format to having 1 digit after decimal point.

120201.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @narissa 

You could correct it by selecting this bin field and changing its format to having 1 digit after decimal point.

120201.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@narissa , Can you share sample data and sample output in a table format?

Can you check if you create manual bins using the independent table approach? refer  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuczXPj0N-k

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.