Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Elijabrnc
Frequent Visitor

Bar chart with lower-level companies

Hello everyone, I have a list of our suppliers here. The list includes hundreds of different suppliers and I would like to make a bar chart out of it. Now I have suppliers that belong to a group but are independent. I would like to have a view in which, for example, company X is shown and then I can click on the company or something similar and then the company opens and shows all the other companies that belong to it, such as company X South, company X North, etc. This is just an example. I would appreciate any help or other ideas for solving the problems.

Elijabrnc_1-1715336376206.png

3 REPLIES 3
Elijabrnc
Frequent Visitor

You meen adding an extra Column with the main company name (Comapany X) and then the current Column with Company X North, etc.? And how can i visualis this in an bar chart that it has something like a dropdown function?

Hi @Elijabrnc 

Companies use hierarchy structure to manage group of customers and vendor codes where they have more disaggregated branches at the lowest hierarchy level, but can be aggregated into larger (higher hierarchy) group level as they blong to the same group of companies or are branches of a company.  

For example, SAP customer master data and vendor master data can maintain hierarchy which allows grouping of data like shown in the below numbering of codes.  Once your vendor master data is maintained in that way, Power BI can do its work to visualize that data.  

DataNinja777_0-1715341025621.png

It is better to maintain such master data hierarchy structure in ERP which you are using so that the information is all in one place.

Best regards,

DataNinja777
Super User
Super User

Hi @Elijabrnc 

For that requirement you need to maintain a hierarchy structure in your vendor master data, and it can be done in your raw data of vendor dimension table instead of using specific dax functions.  

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.