Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lkshck
Helper III
Helper III

Azure Cost Management Connector - RI Recommendations

Hey,

I'm using the Azure Cost management connector and imported the tables "RI recommendations (shared)" and "RI recommendations (single)" which are described here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-connect-azure-cost-management

According to the description to those tables I should get the recommendations for my subscriptions, but in the there is no relation to a subscription. How should I know in which subscription this reservation should be booked? Does anyone know if this is by design or do you faced the same issue?

Best regards

5 REPLIES 5
sakBI
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! it worked  perfectly

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lkshck 

For the account from which you want to know the reservation was booked, try exporting RI usage details and Usage details to see.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-zhangti ,

I already have the details about the booked reservations. What I want to have is the recommendations. Those should be available via the tables "RI recommendations (single)" and "RI recommendations (shared)". But in both tables there isn't any relation to a subscription so I don't know in which subscription I should book them.

Best regards

sakBI
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Did you manage to solve that ? I'm facing the same issue and don't find any related documentation.

Regards,

I just solved it with using the the Consumption API via Web connector instead of the RI recommendation tables from the Cost Management connector. This works fine from my point of view, as you can use OAuth2 authorization in the same way like the Cost Management connector.

API:

https://management.azure.com/providers/Microsoft.Billing/billingAccounts/{{enrollmentNumber}}/providers/Microsoft.Consumption/reservationRecommendations?api-version=2021-10-01

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.