Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Average Store Sales

I am looking at a day by day view of how many stores are open, their total sales, and what the average per store is in sales. I would want the week total to be different. The average per store would add up all the averages for the week and then the stores open is total sales divided by the average for the week. I made an excel with what I am looking for a formulas for excel would be. I need some help with formulas for the week end data. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 12.48.04 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind I got it working with 

SUMX(VALUES('4-4-5 Date'[DateKey]),CALCULATE(DIVIDE([Net Sales],[# Stores Day])))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  - You can add the following 2 measures:

Average Sales = 
SUMX(
    'Daily Sales', 
    DIVIDE([$ Sales],[# of stores])
)
Stores Measure = 
DIVIDE(
    SUM('Daily Sales'[$ Sales]),
    [Average Sales]
)
I hope this helps. If it does, please Mark as a solution.
I also appreciate Kudos.
Nathan Peterson
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first formula doesn't help me get to the $17,624 because I dont have # of stores for the total of the week. I need to add up the averages for each day of the week. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  - Could you share your pbix?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortantely my file is full of sensitive data. I really just need a measure that can add up a daily value for the whole week. So if I have average sales on a daily level, what is the total of 7 of them each week. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind I got it working with 

SUMX(VALUES('4-4-5 Date'[DateKey]),CALCULATE(DIVIDE([Net Sales],[# Stores Day])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.