Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Average Per Team Per Month from Individual Data

Hi, 

I am very new to Power BI and have went through previous forum answers but just can't seem to work this out. 

I need to calculate the average number of sales per month per team from 3 separate tables with the following information: 

• Table 1 - Contains individual sales entries for each account, the value, the salesperson, and the month recorded. 
  • Table 2 - Contains details of which team each salesperson sits within. 
  • Table 3 - Contains the headcount per month for each team. 

I need to find the total number and volume of sales per team, and divide this by the total number of team members in each team for each month. I then intend to show how this has progressed on a line chart (for volume of sales) and bar chart (for total revenue). 

I have attached stripped back tables to show what I mean. Any help would be deeply appreciated on this!! Table 2Table 2

Table 1Table 1

Table 3Table 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankAT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

take a look at the attached pbix file (see bottom).

25-09-_2020_22-14-52.png

With kind regards from the town where the legend of the 'Pied Piper of Hamelin' is at home
FrankAT (Proud to be a Datanaut)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Please show the expected result in a simple tabular format.  Also, share data in a format that can be pasted in an MS Excel file.  

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
FrankAT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

take a look at the attached pbix file (see bottom).

25-09-_2020_22-14-52.png

With kind regards from the town where the legend of the 'Pied Piper of Hamelin' is at home
FrankAT (Proud to be a Datanaut)

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is fantastic, thank you! Works perfectly. 

Could you help me out by explaining a bit of the logic? Finding it tough to follow. Apologies as this is likely beginner-level stuff, but: 

• Why do we sum the Headcount? There's only 1 value for each team per month, so why do we need to sum? 
  • Why do we use MAX on Month and Team? 

Thank you again! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.