Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automation of Power BI deployment

Hey Community,

I am stuck at a problem where I have to deploy same report for around 900+ clients and which I am doing manually. But it takes around 15 mins for each report as we have to change the DB credetials for each client. So, here I am looking for a automated solution which could help me run a script in powershell and automate the deployment through calling the Power BI Rest APIs or if someone has a better idea. Thanks in advance!!

4 REPLIES 4
satyavelagala
Regular Visitor

Hi 

we have a solution where we  automate to create dedicated workspace for each on boarding client and deploy to reports to those workspaces easily 

satyavelagala_0-1691512447055.png

Regards

Reddy

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please take a look at this document and check if it helps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/deployment-pipelines-automation .

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Yes, the Power BI REST API supports that.  What have you tried and where are you stuck?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am following the steps provided in the below blog, but it doesnot include the step to change the DB credentials for each client as we have different DB for every client.

https://martinschoombee.com/2020/09/15/automating-power-bi-deployments-a-series/

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.