Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatically fixing a date in measure?

Hi,

I had a rather lengthy post yesterday that for some reason disappeared and which I do intend to repost, but I had a question regarding using dates within a filter.  Consider the following measure:

DQ 2019 Benchmark = CALCULATE([DQ Rate 2PY (Forecast)],
                                                          STARTOFMONTH(dimDate[Date]))
                                   - CALCULATE([dq_ar_switch] / [$ CY AR],
                                                         STARTOFMONTH(dimDate[Date]))

The STARTOFMONTH function fixes the date at the beginning of the month for whichever date range is shown on the chart.  But what if I add a date slider and begin my chart at, say, the 4th or 5th of the month instead of the 1st?  Is there anyway that I can create a filter which will automatically detect the minimum possible date in the chart, and have that date be fixed similar to using something like the STARTOFMONTH function above?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Min date in selection /visual

DQ 2019 Benchmark =
var _min = minx(allselected(dimDate), dimDate[Date])
return
CALCULATE([DQ Rate 2PY (Forecast)],filter(dimDate,dimDate[Date] = _min )) - CALCULATE(divide([dq_ar_switch] , [$ CY AR]),filter(dimDate,dimDate[Date] = _min ))

or

First date each month

DQ 2019 Benchmark =

CALCULATE([DQ Rate 2PY (Forecast)],filter(dimDate,dimDate[Date] = eomonth( dimDate[Date],-1)+1 )) - CALCULATE(divide([dq_ar_switch] , [$ CY AR]),filter(dimDate,dimDate[Date] = eomonth( dimDate[Date],-1)+1 ))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Min date in selection /visual

DQ 2019 Benchmark =
return
CALCULATE([DQ Rate 2PY (Forecast)],filter(dimDate,dimDate[Date] = _min )) - CALCULATE(divide([dq_ar_switch] , [$ CY AR]),filter(dimDate,dimDate[Date] = _min ))

or

First date each month

DQ 2019 Benchmark =

CALCULATE([DQ Rate 2PY (Forecast)],filter(dimDate,dimDate[Date] = eomonth( dimDate[Date],-1)+1 )) - CALCULATE(divide([dq_ar_switch] , [$ CY AR]),filter(dimDate,dimDate[Date] = eomonth( dimDate[Date],-1)+1 ))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  Using this portion solved my issue completely:

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.