Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bkurtsatar
Frequent Visitor

AutoSelected By Other Slicer

Hello,

I have a slicer for a column in table A, and I also have a slicer for another column in table B. I want certain values in the B slicer to be automatically selected based on the value selected in the A slicer. For example, if "3" is selected in A, I want "X," "Z," and "T" to be automatically selected in B, and the filtering should be based on this selection.

How can I do it?

exp1.png

8 REPLIES 8
marcelsmaglhaes
Super User
Super User

@Bkurtsatar ,

Is there a relationship between tables A and B? Because if you have a relationship, in theory, slicers should work exactly how you need them to. If you don't have a relationship, well, you're going to need one!

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães
Microsoft Power BI Official Partner
MCT | Certified PL-300 Power BI

If I've helped, don't forget to mark my post as a solution!
Imagem de fundo

Thank you for the response. There is no relationship between the two tables, and there is no common column where a relationship could be established.

Hello @Bkurtsatar ,

yuou need to create a column in B table to specifiy every value to each number it references in table A, then link this new column with the A column.

in this wayy you can filter from A table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

But it's not limited to a single value. So how can I add "X," "Y," "Z" values for the "3" value in a single column? Table B, where X, Y, Z values are, is a static table.

You need something like that

marcelsmaglhaes_1-1699449017243.png

marcelsmaglhaes_0-1699448996958.png

marcelsmaglhaes_2-1699449080722.png

marcelsmaglhaes_3-1699449102695.png

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães

Imagem de fundo

You got quite close, but when the "3" value is selected, I also want the "X," "Y," and "T" values to be selected from the other slicer.

So I believe Table_B will be filtered based on the values X, Y, T in this way.

No value selected in filter A, all values on screen.

marcelsmaglhaes_0-1699449596512.png

The value 3 selected in A, brings the values of B. Now, if you want the filter B to have a check mark on the values, it is not possible.

marcelsmaglhaes_1-1699449636033.png

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães

Imagem de fundo

Actually, my goal is to filter Table B based on "X, Y, T" values when "3" is selected in Table A. So, if A = 3, filter Table B based on X, Y, T values. There's no need to see them selected in the slicer in Table B, but filtering Table B is sufficient. I hope I have explained it correctly and completely.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.