Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

andygoes
Frequent Visitor

Auto-select filter for graph from number index

Disclaimer: I'm new and learning Power BI under the gun for a big project! I'm trying to compare hundreds of different CSVs in graphs that are side by side - 5 or 10 graphs side-by-side. I have a slicer that filters by date and major test number, then let's me select the 5 or 10 files that I want on the page. However, I then have to assign one result from the filter to each of the graphs. The filter name won't have any identifier that allows me to use advanced filtering, and Top N seems to combine the results. Is there a way to automatically assign the first item in the filter to the first graph, second item to the second graph, etc.? Here's what my report looks like: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvrCKR2Td0qcubtSJu2tvRVq4Lzbog?e=C9iaVT Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andygoes 

It seems these files have similar data structure and the biggest difference from them is date period.

If so, please combine mutiple files into one file, 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-combine-binaries

Then create many visuals, add the same columns, filter the date range in visual level filter to display different dates in every visual.

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

Thanks for the feedback. These are actually already combined into one large table and I'm using the slicer at the top of the page to split them up into tables that can be assigned to each chart. I'm using the visual level filter to split them up manually, but as each of these sets of test data are 5, 10, 20, or 30 concurrent threads within the same test, it's tedious to select the particular set of data for each of 5, 10, 20, or 30 charts at a time.

So, what I'd like is a way to automatically assign the first item in the visual filter to the first chart, the second item in the visual filter to the second chart, and so on, up to the number of charts on the page.

Hi @andygoes 

It seems no such features in Power bi currently.

You could add filters in visual level filter.

Best Regards

Maggie

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I _think_  TREATAS() is what you need but I get the feeling that I don't fully understand what you need to accomplish.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.