Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CLHRoss

Authentication required to access API bearer token

Hi everyone,

I'm posting here because i can't find any solution to my problem, even after searching and testing for hours.

My aim is to extract data directly in Power Bi from the API connector.

Which API I am using:

I'm using the API from Exact, a web plateform for accounting data. You can find the related documents on the API here: https://support.exactonline.com/community/s/knowledge-base#All-All-DNO-Content-dev-getstrtd

What I want to achieve:

In order to use my API, i need to create a bearer token. In order to create it, I have to authenticate myself through two web page: the first one with my ID, the second one with my password. After that the url give me the bearer token that i can use in order to extract my data into Power BI.

What I manually do:

• First I enter this url in my browser:

https://start.exactonline.fr/api/oauth2/auth?client_id=[ID]&redirect_uri=[URI]&grant_type=authorizat...

• It opens this web page with a text input box for my username ("Nom d'utilisateur") and a next ("Suivant") button :

image.png

• After entering my username and pressing the next button this next page is opening:

image.png

• I then enter my password and generate this url:

https://[URI]#token_type=bearer&access_token=[Token]&expires_in=600

What is my problem:

My problem is about the authentication process, I can't find a way to enter my ID and password with Power Query and get the bearer token in the generated url to used it as variable in my Power Query. As a result I'm here asking for help.

I already found solutions for similar problems however these solutions work only with simpler authentication protocol.

3 REPLIES 3
PoweredOut
Resolver I
Resolver I

You can try and put the Auth and Bearer here. Add the standard url in the URL field. Leave a space after wrting Bearer and add the token. Connect with anonymous connection. 

PoweredOut_0-1683802661157.png

It seems I have incorrectly explained my problem:

I don't want to enter the token manually to acces the data (i already have the solution for this part), i want to extract the token hidden behind the authentication protocol.

Did you figure this out?  I'm looking into trying to extract a bearer token now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.