Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mlinton3
Helper I
Helper I

As Timeline Stacking/Overlay Issue

Hello,

I'm using the As Timeline visual to make a labor clocking timeline. 

Red = the total time someone is clocked in

Green = when they are clocking to an activity

It appears with stacked off (to create one, overlapping timeline for each person), the as timeline brings forward the latest activity. The is normally fine if someone is clocked in say 8-5. It puts the red from 8am-5pm, and overlaps on top and activity they clock after 8 am. However, the system automatically punches a user in an out at midnight. So night shift has an in punch from 10pm-11:59:59 pm, and a punch from Midnight to 6 am. This cuts off or brings the red punch back to the front from 12-6am.

Curious if there's a way to control the order it's displayed rather than just by the time in? I would like that each activity they clock to is always brought to the front, and their punch in and out for the day is always the furthest item back, so to speak.

Thanks,

M

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mlinton3 ,

Can you please share some sample data and expected results with us? Then we will be more clear about your requirement. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Xtime example.JPG

See the above timeline.

The red time runs 8:42pm to 12:00 am then adds a punch at midnight and runs 12:00 am to 4:16 am. 

The green time runs 9:13 pm to 11:09 pm, then a new activity from 11:09 pm to 4:05 am

I need the green punch, from 11:09 pm to 4:05 am, to display on top of the 12:00 am to 4:16 am red punch. 

As you can see, when I select it, the data is there, it's just covered up. 

selected.JPG

Thanks,

M

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.