Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Whale27
Frequent Visitor

Are materialized Views not supported in Power BI built on Google BigQuery?

Hi,

I have created few materialized views in Google BigQuery and tried using Get Data in Power BI to fetch but the MV was not showing in any schema or datasets.

Have connected an ODBC driver for BigQuery to write a standard SQL statement to fetch the MV but it is auto importing only.

There is no option for choosing connectivity mode? Can we not do this in Direct Query? Also is this the only way to connect to Materialized Views (built on BigQuery) in Power BI? @amitchandak please shed some light on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Whale27 

Here I find a post with similar problem like yours. 

For reference: Power BI with views on Google BigQuery

You can try to connect to BigQuery by R.

For reference: Connect BigQuery With R

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RafaelFerreira
Frequent Visitor

O modo mais simples é conectar uma tabela normal e dentro no código M mudar o apontamento para a view materializada.

Whale27
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-rzhou-msft 

Thanks for the reply.

I have gone through the above posts before, can you confirm if using Rscript connector it will be possibel to get the connectivity mode option and choose Direct Query for my materialized view built in Google Big Query?

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Whale27 

Here I find a post with similar problem like yours. 

For reference: Power BI with views on Google BigQuery

You can try to connect to BigQuery by R.

For reference: Connect BigQuery With R

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Actually Rscript will not solved the problem because i want to leverage Direct Query here, but that's ok. Thanks anyways!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.