Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JohnCavil
Helper I
Helper I

ArcGIS map not filling in

Hey guys,

I am trying to use the ArcGIS map visual, but i can't seem to get the map to fill in my postal codes, instead it just display it as dots. Like this:

JohnCavil_0-1595420826949.png

If i use the "Filled map" visual i get what i want:

JohnCavil_0-1595422198961.png

But using this visual i don't think i can assign values to each postal code, to color them a certain way? At least there is no "color" field as far as i can see. I just want it so that i can create a map where each postal code is colored according to how many events happen in that post code.

My location data right now is formatted like this:

"2300 Denmark"

"2860 Denmark"

etc.

I added the "Denmark" bit at the end, because the "2300" by itself didn't map to Denmark, and instead just plotted all over the world, or didn't plot at all. I assume the issue is that ArcGIS doesn't recognize the location as a postcode, but as some sort of address, i'm not sure. I've set the data category to "Postal code" too. Is there a way I can get a list of postal codes to make a filled map with this visual? Is there a specific way i need to format my data?

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @amitchandak ,

Ah so you think i need to import the shapefile myself. I'll give it a shot, i didn't know you could do that. I'll follow that guide then.

Just for anyone else doing this i found the TopoJSON file for danish postal codes here https://github.com/Neogeografen/dagi/blob/master/geojson/postnumre.geojson

As it wasn't in the mapcruzin link.

I'll give it a shot later today and tomorrow, hopefully i can get it to work. I'll post here if i get it to work 🙂

Sort of unrelated question, but does anyone know how to change the colors in the ArcGIS visual? The scale colors i mean. I cant seem to change them, i don't know if they're linked to the theme or what. Otherwise I guess i'll find a way.

Edit: Got it to work by using the shapefile visual and importing the TopoJSON file, thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.