Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AMBTOR
Frequent Visitor

Approach on visual with multiple timeframes

Hi -in short I need advice.

Goal: User selects timeframe button and visuals show this.

Situation: I have Multiple timeseries visiuals. To add more Timeframes (weekly and monthly) I could append CME_daily & CME_weekly_df which would result in a flat table. I think this may give performance issues. 

Complication: I don't know how to proceed. Selecting "weekly" requires new column values for (value_futures, value_spot, & value_basis).

Apporach: I think creating a higharchy for each component of the timeframe (date, value_futures, value_basis, value_spot) would solve this but I don't know how to do it across multiple tables. and if it would work. I thought this might be better than a flat table. I also am not sure how to create a measure for the weekly or monthly and implement if that would be your solution. 

Desired outcome: a nice solution to model the timeframe with performance efficiency. 

Any help to apporach this and find concrete infromation would be soooo appriciated! 

AMBTOR_0-1680747128726.png

AMBTOR_1-1680747482817.png

@amitchandak  maybe you know?

2 REPLIES 2
AMBTOR
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ibendlin, this wasn't specific enough to fix my problem. However, I solved the issue by appending the two data tables vertically. It works great! Users can now click which button they want. I have no visualable performance issues yet. Thanks for your time.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Enable the personalization of visuals and teach your users on how to use that feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.