Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ashataltitude
Frequent Visitor

Apply What If Parameter Evenly to a Matrix

I have a what if parameter and when I select a value it applies the same amount to each cell in my matrix. For instance if I select 100 from my what if parameter it adds 100 to each cell in my matrix. I need it to not do this and instead apply the 100 evenly across all cells. So for instance if my matrix is 5x5 it would add 4 to each cell instead of 100. My formula for the matrix is like this: Value = ([Measure1]*[Measure2])+SelectedValue(WhatIfParameter) The columns are countries and the rows are sales segments.

2 REPLIES 2
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @ashataltitude ,

The tricky part here is identifying how many cells a matrix visual has. Once that is solved, you can just use Value = ([Measure1]*[Measure2])+ DIVIDE( SelectedValue(WhatIfParameter) , [CellCount]).  I would provide further details and a sample data for this to help me find a solution .

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

The cell count of the matrix is not fixed. What function would I use to determine cell count?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.