Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

stanislav_dugas
Helper III
Helper III

Append Querry DB2 and Txt File not working

Hi Guys,

I have a problem. I am trying to append 2 querries one has as a source a DB2 connection and another txt.file.

When i had this query settup that both had source as txt file there was no problem to append querry but the moment i change the source to DB2 even when the data output is the same i get a problem that queries do not get appended.

All that happens is enless loading. And the system is trying to append them but nothing happens even after waiting for a long time.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Thank you for any advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Icey  thank you for your idea I was able to bypass the issue since it was all about performance. By adding the DB2 source, the performance of loading time for the data deteriorated quite significantly. So What I did was that I refreshed the model before the data entered the DB2 and appended query with .txt.

Since it had 0 rows on DB2 the appending worked fine and then I moved the model to reporting server which has much higher computing power then my Laptop and scheduled a refresh there with the full DB2 data. Now it is working fine as the update is happening on the server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stanislav_dugas ,

Please try to create a new .pbix file, connecting to DB2 directly and appending with the .txt file. Will the issue still appear?

In addition, how about using Table.Buffer to buffer a table in memory, isolating it from external changes during evaluation?

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Hi @Icey  thank you for your idea I was able to bypass the issue since it was all about performance. By adding the DB2 source, the performance of loading time for the data deteriorated quite significantly. So What I did was that I refreshed the model before the data entered the DB2 and appended query with .txt.

Since it had 0 rows on DB2 the appending worked fine and then I moved the model to reporting server which has much higher computing power then my Laptop and scheduled a refresh there with the full DB2 data. Now it is working fine as the update is happening on the server.

Hi @stanislav_dugas ,

Glad to hear that! Please accept your reply as the solution. Your contribution is highly appreciated.😉

Best Regards,

Icey

stanislav_dugas
Helper III
Helper III

This is how the loading looks like:

stanislav_dugas_0-1614032152384.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.