Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

df123445
Helper I
Helper I

Any way to show/hide visuals depending on data?

I have some visual elements that I would like to hide when no data is available for them (tables, cards, etc..)

The only solution I've found online is to place a transparent block on top of them and to set the transparency (either 0 or 100%)

depending on a measure value. 

That's great and it works, the only (big) problem is that even when the visuals are shown they are covered by an invisible block, so, for example, scrolling bars are not usable. 

Is there any way to hide/show a specific visual that doesn't involve placing something on top of it?

TIA

1 REPLY 1
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @df123445 

Unfortunately, there is no option other than what you mentioned to hide visualizations.

Indeed, what can be done is either to hide with another object, and then there is a problem with interactivity because the object is "above" the visual.

Or, to manipulate the values and leave the visuals but instead of the values showing some message based on condition, or to add buttons and toggle/hide visualizations based on clicking a button.

There is an idea about this issue, please vote for it here :
https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=d29f1752-8129-4f50-af85-d336da28cac1

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.