Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Deermeat
Resolver I
Resolver I

Allow User to Choose Average Line to Include into The Line Graph

Hello,

I'm trying to create a line graph that can have 2 types of line. First is individual issuer's line that I have already completed.

Second is to allow users to choose the average line that they want to include into the graph. This is done with a bunch of slicers that is provided. Ideally when the user click on the options in the slicers, the average line will be automatically included into the graph.

So if I click industry 1, industry 10, and rating 1, the 3 lines will appear on the graph with the name of the chosen item beside it.

Ideal Result:

Untitled.png

Sample Data:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ASqkyyz4DlDltZDk_vjGw-8vcZ0KdrKq/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Deermeat
Resolver I
Resolver I

I gave up on trying to get it into the same graph and just overlay another graph ontop of it with the background set to transparent. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Deermeat
Resolver I
Resolver I

I gave up on trying to get it into the same graph and just overlay another graph ontop of it with the background set to transparent. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Deermeat , Create an average measure using these values

example

calculate(Average(Table[Value]), Allselected)

In the analytics pane, Use Y-axis Constant line, Then under the line option use fx and use this new measure

@amitchandak,

Hi I tried your method by using this measure:

Average = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Data1[IssuerScore]), ALLSELECTED())

However, the average line that result from it is a constant line that doesnt not change no matter what is being chosen or even not chosen in the slicer. Also, it seems unable to take 2 choices from the slicer and generate 2 different lines. 

Untitled.png

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Sample File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ASqkyyz4DlDltZDk_vjGw-8vcZ0KdrKq/view?usp=sharing

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.