Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Applicable88
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

All visuals/ selected visuals disappear and effect on other bookmarks

Hello,

I created 2 bookmarks. They are put on each other and their task is only to alternate which chart is on top.

Now after a while I created another two bookmarks on another spot of the canvas and they again have the same task to alternate which bar chart is on top. The former created bookmarks has no effect on the latter ones of course, because the latter ones weren't created back then. But I also don't ant the latter ones have effect on the first ones, but they do set them in default view everytime which is frustrating. I tried "selected visuals only" and "data" off, but it sometimes jumps back to "all visuals" and still have effect on the other ones. 

My order was following:  Create the two new buttons and the bookmarks, I selected the two visuals I want to alternate, then select first bookmark and select "selected visuals" only, then deselect the one which has to go invisible. Afterwards I create the second bookmark but deselect the second visual. 

Hope someone knows where is my mistake.

Best. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Applicable88 ,

This option can be very tricky to handle and if you don't make the proper selection it gives you an headache.

• Delete the previous bookmarks
  • Select the two visualizations you need and hide one of them and create a bookmark
  • On the bookmark option select the selected visuals
  • Redo this for the other visualization hiding and showing the first one
  • Select the other two visuals and repeat the steps above
  • Always be sure that the visuals do not get deselected

This is a little bit tricky to get to work at a first attempt.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

Applicable88
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@MFelix , thank you very much. You mentioned many crucial points here. My mistake was to make sure that both of the visuals needs to be "selected Visuals", even when just one of them needs to "vanish" since they are overlapping. And it didn't stop here. To make sure it works really independently, it is good to also set the other old bookmarks also to "selected Visuals". Just to make sure they won't interfere against each other. 

Your right, its very tricky not only at the first attempt, but the next 10 as well :). Not to speak off, in case you are working with 30 plus bookmarks, how to keep an overview....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Applicable88 ,

This option can be very tricky to handle and if you don't make the proper selection it gives you an headache.

• Delete the previous bookmarks
  • Select the two visualizations you need and hide one of them and create a bookmark
  • On the bookmark option select the selected visuals
  • Redo this for the other visualization hiding and showing the first one
  • Select the other two visuals and repeat the steps above
  • Always be sure that the visuals do not get deselected

This is a little bit tricky to get to work at a first attempt.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Applicable88
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@MFelix , thank you very much. You mentioned many crucial points here. My mistake was to make sure that both of the visuals needs to be "selected Visuals", even when just one of them needs to "vanish" since they are overlapping. And it didn't stop here. To make sure it works really independently, it is good to also set the other old bookmarks also to "selected Visuals". Just to make sure they won't interfere against each other. 

Your right, its very tricky not only at the first attempt, but the next 10 as well :). Not to speak off, in case you are working with 30 plus bookmarks, how to keep an overview....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.