Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cvalarcon
Helper I
Helper I

All selected values in the slicer

Hi ,

I need to create a dash with the funtionallity that if we exclude any values from the slicer , the entire board will need to change and recalculate without these values. 

I did this as a slicer by selecting everything and when you need to select any value to exclude you need to uncheck or un select the box or boxes.

cvalarcon_0-1669831108573.png

The question is there is a better solution to show the selection of the excluded values (as normal way) and create a new table in order to see all selected values .

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi , @cvalarcon 

Thank you for your quick response.According to your description, you want to show the excluded data in the table. Right?

Here are the steps you can refer to :

(1)This is my test data in ‘Table’:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1670203351956.png

(2)We can click “New Table” to create a table:

Table 2 = ALL('Table')

(3)Then we can create a measure as a flag to filter the data in the visual:

Measure = var _slicer = VALUES('Table'[ID])
var _curID=MAX('Table 2'[ID])
return
IF( _curID in _slicer ,0,1)

(4)Then we configure it on the “Filter on this visual” and we can meet your need:

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1670203461863.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cvalarcon
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-yueyunzh-msft 

I found the solution with your first part. 

Thanks

cvalarcon
Helper I
Helper I

Hi ,

This solution is ok , but not so clear because I need to write whole number or category that I need it.
So the best idea is create a new on the fly table with all items not selected from the slicer (remember that the items in the slicer should be in select all mode )

Thanks 

Hi , @cvalarcon 

Thank you for your quick response.According to your description, you want to show the excluded data in the table. Right?

Here are the steps you can refer to :

(1)This is my test data in ‘Table’:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1670203351956.png

(2)We can click “New Table” to create a table:

Table 2 = ALL('Table')

(3)Then we can create a measure as a flag to filter the data in the visual:

Measure = var _slicer = VALUES('Table'[ID])
var _curID=MAX('Table 2'[ID])
return
IF( _curID in _slicer ,0,1)

(4)Then we configure it on the “Filter on this visual” and we can meet your need:

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1670203461863.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @v-yueyunzh-msft 

PREVIEW
Thanks for your response , but I forgot to mention that this table has a category column if you choose Group A you will see all un selected values from each group. 
cvalarcon_1-1670260168979.png

In your case only can filter the all table .

Thanks

cvalarcon_0-1670260102713.png

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @cvalarcon 

According to your description, you want to show the data exclue the slicer filter you selected . Right?

For you need , i recommned you to use the custom viusal "Mass Slicer".

You can click the three dot in the "Visualization" and click "Get more viusal":

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1669860270457.png

You can add the "Mass Filter" in it.

For this visual , you can enter what you want to filter or exclude the filter by clicking this buttion:

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1669860495822.png

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.