Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shubhamamilkant
Helper II
Helper II

Aggregate on table not working when filters are active

Hello all, I have spent whole day while working on this, i am not sure how to solve this problem.

A a 100

A a 50

A b 150

A c 200

B a 50

B a 50

I am trying to create a following table (in the filter id = a )

A  150

B   100

but the result i am receiving is (in the filter id = a )

A 600

B 600

So it looks like it just taking a sum of the column rather than filtering by the condition i am giving. (it is giving me correct data when i say don't use summerize the value) but when i click on sum i get above table.

So my question how to filter the values and add those only mentioned in the filter

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @shubhamamilkant 

I wonder if you have a measure showing in the visual for the numeric column and what the measure is like. Could you please show us the relationships between three tables and the table structure? You may create some fake data.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@shubhamamilkant how you are filtering, are you filtering in a measure or what? Not sure how you are consuming/interactive with the filter

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

In the filters i have slected id as 'a', so if i didn't summerize it, result is this table which had id =a 

i.e. 

A  100

A  50

B  50

B 50 

but if i clicked on sum of the value it is not working. 

@shubhamamilkant so if you sum, it should give you 150 and 100. not sure why you are getting 500 for both.

The column you are filtering on is in the same table where your other columns are? Can you share pbix? Surely  missing something here.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

I have 3 different tables for this 3 columns. i just gave a example of the problem abot how it looks. my data is some what different, i will not able to share my pbix/data because of company policy. 

even i am not sure why i am getting total as a value, i have spent last 2 days on this.  I think rather than looking for a filter it is just adding the sum of total value and pasting it everywhere.

edit- adding just a snippet of real data (A in the question represent first column A-19844 and value should be 1000 but it is giving me total 44,065,879.59)

tempsnip.png

@shubhamamilkant you don't need to send the exact pbix file, create sample data for 3 tables and put in pbix and do the same thing as you are doing in your master pbix and we can look into it.

One thing, how your tables are related and what column you are visualizing and what column you are using for the filter will help to further debug it. Firstly I thought there is only one table and now you mentioned there are 3 tables and seems like it is a relationship issue. You have to provide more detail on your issue otherwise there is no point going back and forth.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.