Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cathoms
Helper V
Helper V

Adding a table or matrix visualization that is just text

Hello. I have a report with a few pages of heat maps and bullet charts. I've been asked to add some pages with instructions, definitions, etc. This will be purely text. I would like to add material in a table format. Is there an easy way to do this? I'm thinking I will need to create a data table(s) with the definitions and add it to my data model, but it would be easier (I think) to just add text directly in a table in the report.

Here is what I want to reproduce:

cathoms_1-1612360614597.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I decided to create an Excel workbook with separate sheets for each table of definitions and added them to my data model. Then I built Table visualizations from each. Still some fine tuning to do but looks like this:

cathoms_1-1612375726361.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cathoms , You can have table visual With all column as un(non) summarized. But I doubt the format you have.

I decided to create an Excel workbook with separate sheets for each table of definitions and added them to my data model. Then I built Table visualizations from each. Still some fine tuning to do but looks like this:

cathoms_1-1612375726361.png

I suppose I could just screenshot this and insert the image... That wouldn't allow for easy changes in future, however.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.