Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Xilitor
Helper I
Helper I

Adding a legend removes/excludes values

Hi!

I have created a stacked bar-chart and when adding a Date-variable on the Axis and a measure on the Values it gives the correct output. Once I add a legend the output gives the wrong values. I have no filter enabled other than Year = 2019 and Month = July-December.

The chart without adding a legend (correct values):

Xilitor_1-1599217843043.png

The chart with a legend:

Xilitor_2-1599217863091.png

So, the only differences between the two charts above are the legend added.

I hope someone can help!

Thanks! 🙂

// BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the solution:

For some reason the stacked bar chart can maximum display 58 different types of the legend. This means, that when I look at legends more than 58 types it chooses itself which to display.

Therefore, I added a filter to display only the top 58 filters by the measure used.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Xilitor , I doubt join of legend with table or formula using some calculation on the legend

This is how it's connected:

Xilitor_0-1599218871069.png

Sorry for the blurring - I am using customer data.

I found the solution:

For some reason the stacked bar chart can maximum display 58 different types of the legend. This means, that when I look at legends more than 58 types it chooses itself which to display.

Therefore, I added a filter to display only the top 58 filters by the measure used.

I just using all 3 variables from the same table and I still experience the same problem. So it cannot be regarding the relationships. And I have done no calculations for any of variables for this chart. Could it be because of a back-end problem then?

Xilitor
Helper I
Helper I

The legend detects the right number in a table but not in the chart.

E.g. selecting the legend in a table with the highest value doesn't highlight in the bar:

Xilitor_0-1599218489617.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.