Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Marcegon
Advocate I
Advocate I

Added different text tooltip to each column header but they move when I going further

Hi, I have a table with multiple columns and I added a different text tooltip to each column header.  However, they move when I go to the other side of the table.  Is there a way to pin a tooltip to an specific header that does not move?     

4 REPLIES 4
v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Marcegon 

In fact, the current version of PBI's Tooltips feature can only be displayed by hovering over the visual object; Tooltips cannot be fixed.The Tooltips design philosophy is to work for all units of the visual object, not just some of them.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Thank you!  So I cannot pin a tooltip to an specific header?  These tooltips I created move when I try to go to the far right of the table.

Marcegon_0-1715106815824.png

Hi, @Marcegon 

Yes, this is normal, you can imagine if the description on the Tooltip gives a lot of descriptions, when the mouse hovers elsewhere if the Tooltip hasn't disappeared, this visual object will give someone a very redundant feeling, it is by design.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

I apologize for the confusion.  My question is, "can I pin a text tooltip button to a specific header on a table?"  I need to create 14 different text tooltip buttons, each specific to its corresponding header column, but when I scroll horizontally through the table the tooltip button move as well.   How can I best achieve this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.    

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.