Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JDU
Helper I
Helper I

Add filtering by a measure

Dear experts, I need your help again.

I have a file with two columns, one of them is a sales column and the second one is a column with the number of the week in which that sale was executed.

Sales Week

So, I need a formula that is able to filter and add up only the first week and the last week.

For instance:

Week 1: 3000

Week 3: 3500

Every week I will be adding new weeks and I only need the difference in a range of 8 weeks, that's why I need the formula to be able to identify the minimum value of the week column and add it up and also the maximum value and add it up, so that later I can calculate the difference between them.

I hope you can help me since I tried all the formulas to filter and I can't get the sums to match. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JDU , Test as

Measure:
var _min á minx(allselected(Table), Table[Week])
var _max á minx(allselected(Table), Table[Week])
Return
calculate(sum(Table[Sales]), filter(Table, Table[Week] a _min ? Table[Week] to _max))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JDU , Test as

Measure:
var _min á minx(allselected(Table), Table[Week])
var _max á minx(allselected(Table), Table[Week])
Return
calculate(sum(Table[Sales]), filter(Table, Table[Week] a _min ? Table[Week] to _max))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.