Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Cheryl
Regular Visitor

Add a widget to a Power BI report

I am trying to add a widget to a PowerBI report. I've downloaded a few of the HTML viewers (HTML CSS Viewer, HTML Content, and Shielded HTML Viewer) , but am not understanding where to put the code in any of them. I've tried putting the html in a spreadsheet and uploading that, but there's no place where I can indicate the field that has the code.

Here is the html code for the Widget: 

<div data-cdc-widget="COVIDCountyCheck" data-horizontal="true" ></div> <script src=https://tools.cdc.gov/1M1B></script>

Can someone give me step-by-step instructions? I don't use HTML code normally, and I'm really lost.

Thank you!

Cheryl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Cheryl 

By adding a tile to your dashboard, you can place an image, text box, video, streaming data, or web code on your dashboard.

You can paste or type in any HTML content, as a tile, to your report or dashboard. Enter the embed code manually or copy/paste from sites such as Twitter, YouTube, embed.ly, and so on.

1. From the Add tile window, select Web content > Next.

2. Add information to the Add web content tile window:

a. To display a title above the tile, select Display title and subtitle and enter a Title and an optional Subtitle.

b. Enter the embed code. In this example, we're copying and pasting a Twitter feed.

c. Select Apply.

vzhangti_0-1648190253704.png

Here is the related document hope it can help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-add-widget 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Cheryl , could you please breif a bit more about your requirement? 

Hi @truptis , Thank you for reviewing my message.

Here is the website where the report is posted: Oregon Data for Decisions (oregondatadecisions.org) and here is the published PowerBI: Microsoft Power BI

I want to add this widget to my report as a visual. I've never seen the widget, so I don't know how big it will be. It will probably replace a visual on page 1, unless it makes sense to have it be bigger, in which case I'd probably rearrange things and/or add a page.

From what I've read (e.g., https://p3adaptive.com/2018/11/dynamically-embedding-web-pages-in-power-bi/), what you need to do is make a calculated column in a table. I'm not very familiar with DAX or HTML, so I don't know what the calculated column should include. The examples have a column with the name, the url, and the html that references the url column. I've tried following the examples, but I just keep getting messages that what I've entered isn't in proper DAX syntax. Just putting the widget html I was given doesn't work.

The examples all have the HTML within Iframes. I don't know if I need to add that or not. 

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Cheryl

truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

As far as I can tell, this is how to do the opposite of what I want to do. this is about embedding a PowerBI report into a website. I want to add an html visual into my PowerBI report.

But thank  you for trying.

Hi, @Cheryl 

By adding a tile to your dashboard, you can place an image, text box, video, streaming data, or web code on your dashboard.

You can paste or type in any HTML content, as a tile, to your report or dashboard. Enter the embed code manually or copy/paste from sites such as Twitter, YouTube, embed.ly, and so on.

1. From the Add tile window, select Web content > Next.

2. Add information to the Add web content tile window:

a. To display a title above the tile, select Display title and subtitle and enter a Title and an optional Subtitle.

b. Enter the embed code. In this example, we're copying and pasting a Twitter feed.

c. Select Apply.

vzhangti_0-1648190253704.png

Here is the related document hope it can help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/power-bi/create-reports/service-dashboard-add-widget 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you so much! It sounds like you can only add the HTML to a tile in a dashboard, but not in a report. Is that correct?  I've never created a dashboard, but it does look like what I have been trying to find. I think I can make this work! Thank you so so much!

Cheryl

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.