Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LeonidStoychev
Regular Visitor

Add a bar to a clustered column chart

Hello, [I have a clustered column chart, where I track the actual volume vs the rolling forecast for top 10 products.

I use a few simple measures: 

2024 ACT Units = CALCULATE(SUM(data[UNITS]),'data'[Scenario]="2024 ACT",'Data'[Year1]=YEAR(Today()))/1000
2024 RFJAN Units = CALCULATE(SUM(data[Units]),'data'[Scenario]="2024 RFJAN",'Data'[Year1]=YEAR(Today()))/1000
Volume changes = [2024 ACT Units]-[2024 RFJAN Units]
Volume Variance Absolute = ABS([Volume changes]) - to get the top 10 absolute variances (both positive and negative).

LeonidStoychev_0-1714546902504.png

Now I want to add Total Rolling forecast units in the beginning of the chart and Total Actual units at the end of the chart:

LeonidStoychev_1-1714547449453.png

Is it possible in power BI?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @LeonidStoychev ,

unfortunately this is not possible using the default Power BI visuals, because measures can not be used on an axis value.
But you can achieve this using the custom visual Deneb, but this requirese some kind of coding, Deneb is available from app source: Deneb: Declarative Visualization in Power BI (microsoft.com)

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @LeonidStoychev ,

unfortunately this is not possible using the default Power BI visuals, because measures can not be used on an axis value.
But you can achieve this using the custom visual Deneb, but this requirese some kind of coding, Deneb is available from app source: Deneb: Declarative Visualization in Power BI (microsoft.com)

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.